Click here to reload the page with the navigation men
Follow us on
Mon - Sat: 8.30 - 5.00 Sun: 9.30 - 4.00
GOOD NEWS! We remain
open as usual
e are operating an 'in' and 'out' customer path. There is ample space to allow at least 2m persons spacing around the nursery.
One customer only at the check out with demarked waiting zone.
Goods are scanned outside the shop with 2m customer - staff spacing.
Perspex barrier between customer and staff at the pay point.
Please use a face mask at the pay point & when in conversation.
Lots to see & buy ~ enjoy your visit safely
Monday-Saturday - 8.30-5.00
Sunday - 9.30-4.00
We are now shipping herbaceous, ferns, grasses and shrubs under 1m tall.
Regret we cannot ship
. Please email your list for our assessment -
Download order form
updated 4th December
New stocks of trees, top fruit and shrubs (including a large delivery from our grower of the more unusual). Herbaceous potting continues at a pace.
We are delighted & honoured to be the profiled nursery in the RHS Garden magazine April edition - see belo
Herbaceous specialists - over 1500 varieties - many choice and rare, some grown from wild-collected seed.
* Large and interesting selection of shrubs, roses, climbers, trees, fruit etc
* Professional advice from enthusiastic & qualified plants-people - over 65 years collective experience
* Attractive, gently sloping site more like a large garden than a garden centre
* Established in 1983 by Alan Bidwell (still hanging in there!)
* A 4 acre wildlife meadow with wonderful views across the valley
Ashdon is a charming conservation village set within the rolling hills of NW Essex the borders of both Cambridgeshire and Suffolk only a (long) stones throw away. The old market town of Saffron Walden is 4 miles to the west
Profile in the RHS 'Garden' magazine April 2020
Many thanks to Phil & Tim for the coverage
tel: 01799 584362
Updated:13rd November 2020