Click here to reload the page with the navigation me
Follow us on
Crown Hill, Ashdon, Nr Saffron Walden, CB10 2HB
- Sat: 8.30 - 5.00 Sun: 9.30 - 4.30
Orders via courier delivery now accepted
Please only order from our plant listings on this site - we cannot ship trees
Yippee! Following the national shortage of container grown trees another large delivery of top quality UK grown fruit & ornamental trees have just arrived.
The nursery is 'full to the brim' with great looking, mostly UK and home grown plants and plenty of late summer colour.
Bean to cup coffee & tea available in the conservatory + cold drinks & snacks in the shop.
This is no time to be complacent and we continue to ask customers to maintain sensible social distancing and wear a face mask when in the shop area please. Trollies, baskets etc are swabbed regularly.
Herbaceous specialists - over 1500 varieties - many choice and rare, some grown from wild-collected seed.
* Large and interesting selection of shrubs, roses, climbers, trees, fruit etc
* Professional advice from enthusiastic & qualified plants-people - over 65 years collective experience
* Attractive, gently sloping site more like a large garden than a garden centre
* Established in 1983 by Alan Bidwell (still hanging in there!)
* A 4 acre wildlife meadow with wonderful views across the valley
Ashdon is a charming conservation village set within the rolling hills of NW Essex the borders of both Cambridgeshire and Suffolk only a (long) stones throw away. The old market town of Saffron Walden is 4 miles to the west
Our profile in the RHS Garden magazine - April 2020
Naturally we are delighted & honoured to have been the featured nursery in this edition of the magazine.
This link will take you to a full copy of the article
tel: 01799 584362
Updated 10th October 2021