Click here to reload the page with the navigation men
Follow us on
he nursery is BURSTING with colour and fragrances from the roses, shrubs, herbaceous and herbs. Fledgling Blue & Great Tits, Blackbirds and many finches are enjoying the feast of bugs and caterpillars. The Spotted Flycatcher has occupied the nestbox on the potting shed wall. Phred the Pheasant struts his stuff in the meadow which is now at it's flowering peak with buttercups, ox-eye daisies, hay rattle and orchids - an oasis of rural peace & joy
Do come and enjoy before the seasons move on
Herbaceous specialists - over 1500 varieties - many choice and rare, some grown from wild-collected seed.
* Large and interesting selection of shrubs, roses, climbers, trees, fruit etc
* Professional advice from enthusiastic plants-people - over 65 years collective experience
* Attractive, gently sloping site more like a large garden than a garden centre
* Established in 1983 by Alan Bidwell (I'm still hanging in there!)
* A 4 acre wildlife meadow with wonderful views across the valley
Ashdon is a charming conservation village set within the rolling hills of NW Essex the borders of both Cambridgeshire and Suffolk only a (long) stones throw away. The old market town of Saffron Walden is 4 miles to the west - click for a suggested route through if coming from the London or the west.
Mail orders: Sorry this facility is temporarily suspended at this time of year when we are rushing around like headless chickens - plus plants in full growth often suffer too much damage in transit. We will resume as plants start to go dormant and we regain some sanity.
Our normal opening hours
Monday to Saturday - 8.30am to 5.00pm
Sunday & Bank Holidays - 9.30am to 4.30pm
Updated: May 2018