Click here to reload the page with the navigation men
Follow us on
Crown Hill, Ashdon, nr Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 2HB
- Sat: 8.30 - 5.00 Sun: 9.30 - 4.30
- what a weekend!
So good to welcome back so many 'friendly faces' after a long hard year of Covid restrictions. Sorry if I did not get round to chatting to you all but I am sure that we can make up lost time on your next visit.
To the many new visitors, some travelling especially from Brighton, London, Norfolk and beyond - we hope you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again before too long.
MAIL ORDER SEASON HAS NOW CLOSED UNTIL LATE SUMMER
e apologise for any disappointment but heading into our very busy time on the nursery we are unable to accept any further requests for this facility for the time being - will resume again in late summer.
The nursery is open for customers daily and orders can be collated for collection
PLEASE refer to our stock lists - if the plants aint listed we aint got them !! We are managing to maintain good stock levels of herbaceous perennials & grasses but shrubs & trees are now in very limited availability from our growers until the autumn.
Enjoy your visit but in the interests of the safety of customers & staff .....
* please maintain at least 2m distancing & wear a face mask at all times
* plants are scanned outside the shop - contactless card payments available
* 1 customer only allowed in the shop at any time
* children must remain with their guardian at all times. Dogs currently not allowed.
* trollies, baskets and surfaces are regularly swabbed.
e prefer customers not to use the toilet if at all possible
Order & collect at the gate & mail order facilities available for those not wishing to enter the site
~ Mail order ~
Sorry we have now suspended this service until late summer - on site work now crying out for attention.
updated 4th May
Busily potting up our liners from last years propagations + summer bulbs. Fresh deliveries of plants & sundries
We are delighted & honoured to be the profiled nursery in the RHS Garden magazine April edition - see belo
Herbaceous specialists - over 1500 varieties - many choice and rare, some grown from wild-collected seed.
* Large and interesting selection of shrubs, roses, climbers, trees, fruit etc
* Professional advice from enthusiastic & qualified plants-people - over 65 years collective experience
* Attractive, gently sloping site more like a large garden than a garden centre
* Established in 1983 by Alan Bidwell (still hanging in there!)
* A 4 acre wildlife meadow with wonderful views across the valley
Ashdon is a charming conservation village set within the rolling hills of NW Essex the borders of both Cambridgeshire and Suffolk only a (long) stones throw away. The old market town of Saffron Walden is 4 miles to the west
Profile in the RHS 'Garden' magazine April 2020
Many thanks to Phil & Tim for the coverage
tel: 01799 584362
Updated 4 May 2021